Changing the video aspect ratio
After creating a movie, you may notice that the video image is distorted. This indicates that the video has the wrong display aspect ratio setting.
To correct the video aspect ratio:
- Click the movie’s icon in the Project window if necessary. The video show appear on the Preview window’s Title tab. The Attributes window should display the Movie attributes.
- Click the Movie tab in the Attributes window.
- In the Display section, change the Aspect Ratio:
- If the video appears to be stretched horizontally, click the 4:3 option. This is the aspect ratio of standard TV.
- If the video appears to be squashed horizontally, click the 16:9 option. This is the aspect ratio of widescreen TV.
Note: This setting affects every movie that uses the same video asset.