DVD authoring workflow
Authoring a DVD with DVDit Pro involves the following basic steps (although you don’t have to perform the steps in this order):
- Prepare the assets (video, audio, and images) that will go into the DVD presentation, using common video and graphics applications.
- Start DVDit Pro and create a new project.
- Import your assets into the project.
- Use the imported assets to create titles (movies and slideshows) and menus.
- Link the titles and menus together, using button links and end actions.
- Test how the project will play back to make sure that everything works as desired.
- Burn a DVD-Video disc or write a DLT from the project.
DVDit Pro makes it easy to create professional DVDs with complex menu navigation, chapter points, subtitles, and other special features such as playlists and DVD-ROM content.
Note: DVDit Pro often provides many different ways to perform a particular task. For example, you can add a chapter point to a movie by pressing the Insert key, choosing an option from the Timeline menu, using a right-click menu, or clicking a button. Generally, this User Guide shows only one or two ways to perform these tasks.